Tuesday, August 26, 2008

63/365: E.N.T. visit


63/365: E.N.T. visit, originally uploaded by sanboogie.

Today I went fo my ENT appointment. It was crazy. He looked in my ears and found a hole in my eardrum. Then he numbed my nose and stuck a tube thing in it and down my throat -GROSS! He said my adenoids are big, as well as my tonsils. Yeah, I had my adenoids removed when I was about 5 or 6, those suckers grew back! So, he thinks they should come out. It's not a pressing issue. So I asked him if we can wait until February if possible - I have a full schedule from now until January. The doc said recovery would be "every bit of 16-18 days, maybe more" depending on how I heal.

After the nose tube, I went for a hearing test. I definitely have hearing loss. Apparently I also have a hole in BOTH eardrums. The one was so small the doctor didn't see it with the regular scope thing. They did a pressure test and found it that way. Then I went back to a different room where he looked into my ears with a HUGE microscope thing. Yep - 2 holes. One is so big that he thinks it is contributing to the hearing loss and I should have it repaired. He doesn't do that kind of surgery so he is referring me to his colleague. The colleague only works in the city, so I have to make an appointment to go see them there. Luckily that surgery is outpatient.

So yep, 2 surgeries for me. Fun, huh?

No comments: