Sunday, January 4, 2009

4/365: Where are You, Santa Mouse?

When I was a little girl my grandparents bought me a book about Santa Mouse. In the story, they put a yellow light on the tree for Santa Mouse (he helps Santa on Christmas). I asked where our yellow light was at my grandparents house and it has evolved from a light on the tree to a whole tree dedicated to Santa Mouse.

When we were younger Santa Mouse used to leave each of us 12 grandchildren a little gift by each of our yellow lights on the tree. It was a very cute tradition. We no longer do the gifts, but my grandmom still has the tree and many Santa Mouse themed things in her kitchen.

We went to visit her today along with my aunt and my cousins. The girls always have a great time there and it was nice to be in a place were so many of our traditions took place.

No comments: